WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: FreeRDP 1.0.1 for TC3.x  (Read 7153 times)

Offline Rich

• Administrator
FreeRDP 1.0.1 for TC3.x
« on: April 13, 2012, 07:35:10 AM »
Hi gutmensch
I was wondering if you would consider adding  FreeRDP version 1.0.1  to the TC3.x repository? It is currently only listed
as a TC4.x extension. The current version under TC3.x does not support NLA which I require to connect.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:11:29 AM by gutmensch »

Offline gutmensch

• Administrator
  • I can make it disappear, have no fear!
    • remembrance blog
Re: FreeRDP 1.0.1 for TC3.x
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 09:11:17 AM »
No problem, just give me a little time for the 3.x version ;)
If I seem unduly clear to you, you must have misunderstood what I said. (Alan Greenspan)

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 04:51:21 PM »
Hi gutmensch
Thanks. Whenever your schedule permits will be fine.

Offline gutmensch

• Administrator
    • remembrance blog
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 02:52:18 AM »
Uploaded FreeRDP.tcz and FreeRDP-FX.tcz (Remote FX plugins) to 3.x repo (didn't bother renaming, so freerdp.tcz will be the "old", FreeRDP.tcz the new one). Please test and report problems. Btw. do you use FreeRDP with Xorg?
If I seem unduly clear to you, you must have misunderstood what I said. (Alan Greenspan)

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 09:28:19 AM »
Hi gutmensch
Thank you, I will download and test sometime tonight.
I currently have FreeRDP on one machine running TC4.1 with xorg 7.5. Screen resolution is set to 1920x1080 and the
two servers I connect to are set to 1024x768. I found that I couldn't drag and drop files between the servers so I mapped
a local directory to both of them to transfer files back and forth. Considering my modest connection speed of
928 Kbits/sec by 288 Kbits/sec  it performs quite well.

Offline maro

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 07:53:51 PM »
I've just noticed that this new extension has the potential to really cause some confusion. I've been on record with my plea to avoid extension names that only differ in their mix of upper and lower case. Having now those two FreeRDP extensions (plus their '-dev' "siblings") is IMHO a "recipe for disaster".

Could we please try to avoid this potential headache, and rename those new extensions before unsuspecting users might fall into a trap.

EDIT: We could even go as far as a putting a check (against the existing 'info.lst') into Jason's submit check script. This would of course only make sense if said script is run for absolutely all cases were an extensions gets pushed into a repository, and no short-cut for other administrators prevents such a check.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 07:59:24 PM by maro »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 09:23:15 PM »
Hi gutmensch
I've installed and tested FreeRDP-FX and it seems to be working well. I do receive a few warnings:
Code: [Select]
tc@box:~$ xfreerdp -u USER -p PASSWORD --plugin cliprdr --plugin rdpdr --data disk:msrb:/home/tc/x -- x.x.x.x
loading plugin cliprdr
loading plugin rdpdr
Warning xf_GetWindowProperty (140): Property 126 does not exist
connected to x.x.x.x:x
Xlib:  extension "XVideo" missing on display ":0.0".
registered device #1: msrb (type=8 id=1)
Failed to check xfreerdp file descriptor
tc@box:~$
Except for the  XVideo missing  message, I get the same messages under the TC4.x version. I'm currently running this
with the stock TC Xvesa in 1280x1024x24 mode. It seems if I don't use 24 bit color, the colors get messed up. Attached
is a screen shot using 16 bit color. I might install Xorg on this machine too to take advantage of one of the higher screen
resolutions available on this laptop.
On a side note, I'm inclined to agree with maros point of view. Since extensions can be installed on a FAT formatted
disc, having names which only differ in case could cause unintended overwriting of files.
Once again, thank you so much for making this extension available.

Offline gutmensch

• Administrator
    • remembrance blog
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 12:33:41 AM »
I will do the same name change as I did for freerdp 0.8.2 in 4.x as I agree it is not very comfortable ;)

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 06:37:49 AM »
Hi gutmensch
I just tried clipboard and it is not working. Under TC4.1 I can copy and paste text between the two server windows and
locally in all combinations. Under TC3.8.4 copy and paste to or from the server windows does not work. Local
copy and paste does work. Is it possible I need to install Xorg for that to work?

Offline gutmensch

• Administrator
    • remembrance blog
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 08:31:13 AM »
I didn't test freerdp thoroughly, but it seems the devs are heavily relying on Xorg while developing it... e.g. I cannot even use another keyboard map without using Xorg AFAIR, but I will check both build logs, maybe I find some differences, which explain such behaviour.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 12:57:40 PM »
Hi gutmensch
Just to be clear, on my TC4.1 machine I only run Xorg, so I don't know if it behaves differently under Xvesa.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 10:52:29 PM »
Hi gutmensch
I installed Xorg on my laptop and now the clipboard works.

Offline gutmensch

• Administrator
    • remembrance blog
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 12:11:49 AM »
Ok, so we maybe have to blame Xvesa for this, but I'm really no X-pert ;)