Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Q&A Forum

rdesktop and limited access on client

<< < (2/3) > >>

JimS:
First of all, sorry for my late reaction!

Gutmensch,
You could be right about the different treatment of RDP connections, since it's Wiki page states that RDP is a proprietary protocol. (see: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Desktop_Protocol) Edit: I read on the RDesktop page "Microsoft has recently made RDP specifications openly available via the MSDN library." (rdesktop.org/#docs and msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa383015(v=vs.85).aspx)
Regarding group policies, I'm not a network expert on this, but do you refer to the 'Local Computer Policy'? If so, do I need to check certain settings in the 'Computer Configuration' or the 'User Configuration' tab? But apart from this, when I'm able to login successfully as an admin, I see no reason that the current settings limit my admin rights, compared with a MS RD session.

Rich,
No, there is no conflict when both clients are connected. The same situation happens when MS RD is closed. My FreeRDP version is up to date.
Regarding Network Level Authentication, you're able to connect this way using a Linux client? The client requirements on technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732713.aspx state that you need MS RD 6 or higher on a Win XP or higher OS version, so please elaborate.
Yes, this stuff is also new to me, LOL

Thanks both of you for the help so far!

Jim

gutmensch:
Heyho JimS!

Basically I refered to the gpedit.msc and actions like they are mentioned here http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/windows_2003_terminal_services_part2.html (enabling RDP, setting full access to user), but when it's working with an MS client I'm not sure where the problem is coming from. rdesktop and freerdp both support RDP version 6, rdesktop 1.7 and freerdp 1.0 support some of the RDP 7 features (Remote FX in freerdp), so this shouldn't be a problem either. Maybe the server is not trusting the linux client, but I didn't ever experience such problems. Are you running 2003 R2 or plain 2003?

gutmensch:

--- Quote from: JimS on April 04, 2012, 04:12:30 AM ---"Microsoft has recently made RDP specifications openly available via the MSDN library."

--- End quote ---

That's only one half of the truth ;) AFAIK the specifications only provide the RDP standard 5, so everything after the development of XP is not exactly specified, but somehow working through reverse engineering.

Rich:
Hi JimS

--- Quote ---Regarding Network Level Authentication, you're able to connect this way using a Linux client?
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I had tried to get a remote connection working about a month ago and failed. Unfortunately for me, the FreeRDP
version I chose to try was the older one, as it was much smaller. While Googling your problem I found the answer
to my problem, so I guess I owe you a thank you. Thank you.

gutmensch:

--- Quote from: Rich on April 04, 2012, 06:19:37 AM ---Unfortunately for me, the FreeRDP version I chose to try was the older one, as it was much smaller.

--- End quote ---
The size is due to static linking of a ffmpeg library, only for Remote FX AFAICS... but shared wouldn't be much better, requiring ffmpeg ;) Just to note, that a much smaller version is possible with 1.0.1 when disabling ffmpeg.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version