Tiny Core Base > TCB Talk

TinyCore not detecting my Hard Drive

<< < (2/4) > >>

gutmensch:
absolutely right, nice find... I didn't remember the mtd extension :-o
but however, a remaster would be needed to run at boot time, because of the chicken egg... loading an extension for the drive from which you're loading the extension for the... ;-)

curaga:
I'm not sure whether it's accessed via MTD or IDE. Check your dmesg from either gparted or ubuntu.

If via IDE, it's possible it has the cs5535 chip, which is still experimental in libata and thus disabled in our build.

nekys:
I have same problem, I tried:
tce-load -wil mtd-3.0.21-tinycore.tcz
modprobe cs553x_nand
and I get this:
modprobe: can't load module cs553x_nand (kernel. tclocal/ drivers/ mtd/ nand/ cs553x_nand. ko. gz): No such device or address

Where I think I have to do something with depmod...

nekys:
I found that mtd from repository has path for the modules as /usr/local/lib/modules and not /lib/modules. I moved the modules inside /lib/modules and still doesn't work.

Juanito:

--- Quote from: nekys on May 22, 2012, 06:41:21 PM ---I found that mtd from repository has path for the modules as /usr/local/lib/modules and not /lib/modules

--- End quote ---
/usr/local/lib/modules is the standard tinycore location for modules in an extension

--- Quote ---Where I think I have to do something with depmod
--- End quote ---
tce-load performs this automatically

Perhaps the module is not recognising your hardware, does "modinfo cs553x_nand" show any optional parameters you could pass?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version