WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: EeePC 1005HA  (Read 3106 times)

Offline Fallingwater

EeePC 1005HA
« on: May 17, 2012, 05:50:12 PM »
I want to run TC as the primary system on the titular netbook; most of the system is now installed and working, but I'm having some trouble with the laptop settings. For instance, fn+f2 doesn't disable wifi as it should. Searching this board I saw another EeePC user (901, not 1005HA) who got the eeepc-laptop module (and the keys) working by having "hwmon" and "pci-hotplug" loaded at boot. The thread is very old, but I tried it anyway; no dice - the module still doesn't load.

Code: [Select]
sudo modprobe eeepc-laptop
modprobe: can't load module eeepc-laptop (kernel/drivers/platform/x86/eeepc-laptop.ko.gz): unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter

Additionally, after installing laptop-mode-tools.tcz, trying to run "laptop_mode" results in the following:

laptop_mode
Unhandled kernel version: 3.0 ('uname -r' = '3.0.21-tinycore')

I really need to get the keys and power settings working so I can extend battery life. I have cpufreq working to limit the CPU's thirst when it's not needed, but I must also be able to disable wifi, and set power options. Being able to select external VGA would also be nice (fn+f8), but I suppose that'll have to wait until I can figure out how to properly configure xorg.conf.

I already searched the board, but nobody seems to be having the same problems on the same computer.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: EeePC 1005HA
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 06:06:01 PM »
Hi Fallingwater
laptop_mode
You should probably post that one under TCE Bugs. It looks like that package may be specifically
looking for a 2.6 kernel.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 02:10:45 AM »
dmesg will say what symbol it wanted.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 07:26:25 AM »
Additionally, after installing laptop-mode-tools.tcz, trying to run "laptop_mode" results in the following:

laptop_mode

I'll have a look at updating laptop-mode-tools

Offline Fallingwater

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 10:37:18 AM »
Tried updating it yesterday, still gives that error... I imagine the repos still have the old version. No problem, I'll wait some more.

Anything about the keys? How do I run dmesg here? I tried dmesg | grep eee but it shows nothing relevant.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 10:40:02 AM by Fallingwater »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 10:45:50 AM »
Hi Fallingwater
How do I run dmesg here? I tried dmesg | grep eee but it shows nothing relevant.
Type   dmesg | less
Use PageUp/PageDown to navigate, q to quit.

Offline cast-fish

• hi there
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 01:53:36 PM »
Hello

that "laptop" bootcode did seem to work on an old pentium III 850meglahertz here.
It controlled the pcmcia and other hard/w

V