Tiny Core Base > TCB Talk

Boot option iso=sdb1 in TinyCore 4.4

<< < (2/3) > >>

Rich:
Hi vinnie
Most of them are listed in the FAQs.
A lot of them are listed in   /usr/share/doc/tc/bootOptions.txt.
All of them should be in   /etc/init.d/tc-config.

maro:

--- Quote from: Rich on March 21, 2012, 11:54:31 AM ---... All of them should be in   /etc/init.d/tc-config.
--- End quote ---

Hmmm, that might be the case for the majority of TC specific boot codes. But in the Core there are some other scripts that interpret these TC specific boot codes:
    /etc/init.d/rc.shutdown
    /etc/init.d/tc-restore.sh
    /usr/bin/filetool.sh
    /init
    /usr/bin/scm-update
    /usr/bin/tce-setup
    /usr/bin/tce-update
(ignoring for a moment: '/etc/init.d/tc-functions', and '/usr/bin/showbootcodes', plus some executables like '/bin/busybox', '/sbin/udevadm' and '/sbin/udevd' which probably interpret some more generic boot codes)

If adding the default TinyCore extensions (e.g. from the 'cde' directory) there are some more:
    /usr/bin/setupdesktop
    /usr/bin/startx
    /usr/local/bin/appsaudit
    /usr/local/bin/exittc
(and ignoring again '/usr/local/bin/stats')

Please note that these lists are only containing files that directly interpret '/proc/cmdline'. In many cases the result of such an interpretation is stored in a file (e.g. '/etc/sysdir/icons') and several other scripts then use said file. So there are many other "secondary consumers" of TC specific boot codes.

Therefore I'd like to state that whilst I also use '/etc/init.d/tc-config' as my first stop when trying to figure out the treatment of a given boot code, one has to be aware that this is likely to be a necessary, but maybe not a sufficient approach.

vinnie:
uhm, usefull :P

ndrancs:
Hi Robert,
This is feature i waiting for in TC, likes other distro,

cast-fish:
Hello

THis appears to be a super feature to put into Tinycore....it appears to save a lot of effort on the part of any user.

Also the SCM system appears to be superb feature of TCL 4.4. I Have tried it out and it's simple to understand and simple operate with single clean files.

Would it ever be the case that the "whole" app browser will become SCM styled eventually?

thanks

V.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version