WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Installing NVIDIA Linux Drivers  (Read 2074 times)

Offline flyinghamster

Installing NVIDIA Linux Drivers
« on: March 17, 2012, 12:42:29 PM »
I am a new tinycore user and I am trying to install NVIDIA drivers. I downloaded the .run file and was able to execute it as root in the terminal. It had some problems with dependencies at first, but I was able to find the correct libraries in the AppBrowser.

The critical error I am having now reads as follows: "You do not appear to have libc header files installed on your system." I know that tinycore uses different libraries than the regular linux libc, but have been unable to find information about libc support in tinycore or a suitable library in the AppBrowser.  :'(

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: Installing NVIDIA Linux Drivers
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 12:51:28 PM »
Hi flyinghamster
1. Did you install the  compiletc.tcz   extension?
2. What version of the run file are you trying to compile.
3. Did you check the  nvidia  extensions in AppBrowser to see if they meet your needs?

Offline flyinghamster

Re: Installing NVIDIA Linux Drivers
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 01:16:18 PM »
Thanks for the reply !  :D

1. I am installing the compiletc extension now.
2. The file is NVIDIA-Linux-x86-295.20.run  (Retrieved from NVIDIA website to be compatible with a particular notebook videocard)
3. I did not even think to check in the AppBrowser for drivers! I'm always making things more complicated...

also 4. Thank You!!! bout to close x and try to install one more time... if it still doesnt work, I'm going to just use the AppBrowser one.