Off-Topic > SCM EXtensions

gtk3 broken with Xorg 7.6

<< < (5/8) > >>

Jason W:
I rebuilt gtk3-2.3.4 with xcb enabled libX11, and now gtk3 apps work with a running Xorg but not without.

I will see if I can't find what will allow gtk3 to work with both Xvesa and Xorg.

AmatCoder:
For Xvesa you need libxcb.so.1.1.0 from libxcb.tcz.

I modified actual gtk3.scm adding under /lib:
* libX11.so.6.3.0
* libX11-xcb.so.1.0.0
* libxcb.so.1.0.0... and making their related symbolic links. No need to modify any application script.

Result: Working fine with Xvesa and Xorg.

Jason W:
Yeah, plugging in those files from the existing extensions works, but I am also interested in why those same files built from source, even from the same versions along with the latest gtk3, don't work, with or without pthread-stubs enabled in libxcb, or even the same versions as the existing extensions.

But those same files built from the current versions upstream work when plugged into the existing gtk3.scm extension, just like the files from the extensions do.  And until we can build the latest gtk3 and it's latest dependencies, we can't move forward with it. 

This afternoon I will plug those files in as a workaround.

AmatCoder:
Today I modified gtk3.scm with lastest gtk3 and here it is working (with both Xvesa and Xorg).

I added/replaced libraries:

a) From existing tcz's:

* libxcb.tcz
* libx11-xcb.tcz
* glib2.tcz  b) Compiled by me:

* pango 1.30
* gdk-pixbuf 2.26.1
* gtk3 3.4.1
I had to be careful when making new symbolic links. Errors are typical there.

Juanito:

--- Quote from: curaga on April 20, 2012, 04:12:45 AM ---Response from irc.gnome.org #gtk+ is that gtk3 should still be working without xcb. I'll open a bug.

--- End quote ---

It doesn't look like there's been much response on the bug report?

The need for gtk3 is starting to block updates of several extensions - the nodbus thing doesn't have a nogtk3 option does it  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version