WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Wine 1.4  (Read 1996 times)

Offline meo

Wine 1.4
« on: March 12, 2012, 01:02:12 PM »
Hi guys!

First I must say that the new cut (using 4.4rc3) is awesome! Works very well with my netbook. I have a problem though with the updated extension wine 1.4, running  winecfg  just doesn't work. I don't know if this has to do with using TC 4.4rc3 but it has been working very good so far. Would appreciate some input if I'm doing something wrong or if something has changed. I just followed the info file and opened a terminal issuing the command  winecfg  and a message tells me "not found". Grateful for any hints in the right direction.

Have fun with this awesome distro,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline meo

Re: Wine 1.4
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 01:33:44 PM »
Hi again!  ;)

My gut feeling told me to do a fresh install of wine and I did so. This time it worked halfway executing the  winecfg  command. It asked about downloading wine-gecko and I agreed. During the process it stopped and I was told (just like in windows) that an error had happened and the program had to be terminated. Anyway the directory  .wine  was created in my home directory. Will try to install the multilingual databases I need and see if it works. Have them working in Dream Studio (a fork of ubuntu I think). It seems to me though that something has to be done to the wine.tcz.

Have fun making TC (or just Core) more versatile,
meo

"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline meo

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 01:50:09 PM »
Hi again, for the last time tonight!  ???

Could run the databases but the result pane was just filled with empty black squares on a white background. In other words something else is required. Don't know what.

Have fun playing around with Core and Tiny Core,
meo

Offline gutmensch

• Administrator
  • I can make it disappear, have no fear!
    • remembrance blog
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 07:34:21 AM »
The Gecko installer is some kind of ugly since the beginning... sometimes it breaks and there is no real reason for it. I will recheck that myself ;) for the "databases" I don't have a clue what you mean. Did you try loading and using Xorg-7.6?
If I seem unduly clear to you, you must have misunderstood what I said. (Alan Greenspan)