WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: cannot boot Usb: Kernel not found  (Read 2271 times)

Offline Aszasha

cannot boot Usb: Kernel not found
« on: March 12, 2012, 09:59:04 AM »
 Hello to all! =)

I installed TCL (the one with 12mb) on a USB key, using for it LiveLinux USB Creator
 But there's a problem =( when i boot from the key, and press "enter" when i see the boot menu, TCL does not boot but give the message:
 "cannot find Kernel: /boot/gzImage" or something like this.
 And i can't use the boot option. Entering a option return "cannot find Kernel: (the option)"

I tried to download a second time the ISO (in case which there's a problem with it), to install it on various keys, it doesn't works. I tried Universal USB creator, but it's not better.
 It really bother me because i NEED Tiny Core Linux ='( this is the only one that attracts me in all mini-linuxes. And installed with LiveLinux Usb Creator, 'cause Lili install with it a portable virtualbox (and sometimes i need TCL when i'm under windows). Is there a manipulation i have to do ? a file to download ?

Thanks to those who have an answer and share it n_n i'm a newbie (one that is not afraid with doing some text-mode) and am not aware on those things...

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Re: cannot boot Usb: Kernel not found
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 10:05:12 AM »
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 10:06:43 AM »
Yes, third-party installers can cause trouble. Sounds like lili is not updated for TC 4.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Aszasha

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 11:32:42 AM »

okay. it works
thanks a lot