WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Installing Tinycore Plus v4.3.1 and E17 ends up with E17 options?Need help  (Read 2656 times)

Offline picrard

Hallo I have a problem with my Tinycore an E17

I've installed it on my hard disk and after this reboot and installed e17.tcz, e17-dev.tcz ,e17-locale.tcz OnBoot.
(I had the hope that it would work with e17-dev.tcz ,e17-locale.tcz because befor my second try i left them both out,
and got some errors)

I have removed the wbar from the OnBoot and had used the noicons in the boot parameters.
But after this I had a screenshot like this:

What did I made wrong?, I can't choose anything on this screen, the E17 Animation on the bottom is running, but I can't click anything,
it doesn't moves on???

When I press Alt+Ctrl+F1 it shows me this up:

looks like there is no error, all is o.k., but what did I made wrong ??

many thanks for help and a reply..

aLex

sorry for the bad caps from my crt monitor ;)

Offline vinnie

• HandMace informatic works
I do not know if it has anything to do with the initial configuration, but I have something like a presentiment.
I try to attach the configuration of my e17, you have to decompress it in your home, do a backup and restart (you must do it from terminal).
p.s. you also install e-modules-extra.tcz for the reason that I do use it and you may return an error if you do not add.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 08:45:06 AM by Rich »

Offline picrard

Thanx vinnie, it worked...

first of all I have installed e-modules-extra.tcz, e-modules-extra-dev.tcz, e-modules-extra-locale.tcz,
after a restart I had the same problem with my desktop.
So I extracted you config file in my home folder, after a restart E17 started up, some errors, but I had the chance to
deselect them for the next boot.

So here, that was the first change of you desktop:

Now it looks like that:

Now I have the chance to test the TinyCore with E17(I like this DE!)

Thank you!!!

Offline vinnie

I can not remember exactly after which update I had a similar problem with the same background green and red.
This happened when I was starting e17 with the option "no restore", I do not know if it's a problem to solve or even scaling of the background.

Since I do not happen at all, would be to understand the reason, I use e17 on a 10" netbook screen, also your screen seems small

Offline picrard

No, I use a 19" CRT monitor with this example,

after I've used your custom config files from your e.7z file, E17 started up with this big resolution,
I don't know what it was, maybe 800x600(???), I didn't checked it I was happy that E17 started up.

After the second start it showed me 1280x1024, for me it's a little bit to small.
But changing the resolution from the E17 settings was not so easy, it showed me
1280x1024, 1024x768 and 800x600 but with a syncfrequency 0Hz(??).
I have to change it in an other way, but I was not finished, I use a NVIDIA card,
so I have to install the NVIDIA driver, too. Then I will give it a try.

I have a second problems with my language/keyboard support. You have English keyboard in use,
I want to install the German keyboard settings, but that's not easy as it seems,
an adding of
Code: [Select]
loadkmap < /usr/share/kmap/qwertz/de-latin1-nodeadkeys.kmap in the /opt/bootlocal.sh made no effect and in the E17 setting I can't select another setting, there is nothing to select, do I have to edit the E17 setting manually?

If you have an solution for this, it would be great, I will maybe test it today later when I find some time, now I'm at work, using TinyCore on a USB stick running XFCE, it works great, but at home I would like to use E17.

At the moment it runs a little bit slow, maybe I have to change some settings.

I don't know why, but always I shut down the computer it shows me
<<<ENLIGHTENMENT ERROR>>> or something like that?

Offline floppy

with xvesa, I made
- load kmaps.tcz on boot
- use the boot code "kmap=qwertz/de-latin1"
then I have my DE keyboard running.
With Xorg, its different, I had to make the necessary setup in xorg.conf
Hopefully it helps.
AMD K6-IIIATZ 550MHz MB DFI K6xv3/+66
P4 HP DC7100 3GB 3GHz
Samsung NC10 boot from SD card port (via USB reader)
.. all TinyCore proofed

Offline vinnie

Yep, for xvesa and prompt use the floppy istruction, for xorg personally i edit .xsession in my home, backup and reboot:

Code: [Select]
/usr/local/bin/Xorg -nolisten tcp &
export XPID=$!
waitforX || ! echo failed in waitforX || exit
"$DESKTOP" 2>/tmp/wm_errors &
export WM_PID=$!
[ -x ./.setbackground ] && ./.setbackground
setxkbmap it &
[ -x ./.mouse_config ] && ./.mouse_config &
[ $(which "$ICONS".sh) ] && ${ICONS}.sh &
[ -d ".X.d" ] && find ".X.d" -type f -print | while read F; do . "$F"; done

i think is "setxkbmap de &" for you, it is not necessary to download keymap.tcz for xorg layout.