Tiny Core Base > Micro Core

TC4.3.1 on old IDE Hardware

<< < (2/3) > >>

sam.vanratt:
Last Tuesday I upgraded to 4.4RC3 and works on my IDE Aadapter, so everythings fine up to X.
I got it working as long as I did deactivate zram swapping as init run out of memory and got killed.
I've got two open topics: a) where can I get OPL3 Modules for the kernel. When I installed the alsa package (with everything) and adding
modprobe opl3 io=0x388
modprobe opl3sa2 io=0x370 mss_io=0x530 mpu_io=0x330 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 ymode=2 isapnp=0 multiple=0
to my bootlocal.sh it errors with not found.
b) in my Lib100CT my neomagic is very Xorg 7.6 unfriendly and stays black (a known Bug in the NM driver), while Xfbe and Xvesa draws one coloured lines making guessing an essential part of working with it. Luckily crtl-backspace is working. I tried any video mode possible (8/15/16/24Bit and 640*400-800*480 (last is the native resolution) with the same result (see picture). Shall I try older Xorg versions? There are some work arounds (I used one on the same notebook under FreeBSD 8.2 to get X working there), but I do not want to install a complete gcc enviroment & Sources just to patch a small driver.

Cheers
Sam

Rich:
Hi sam.vanratt
I think   alsa-modules-3.0.21-tinycore.tcz    may be what you are looking for.
You could try an older version of Xorg, but first, do a search of the forum for   neomagic   , it might provide
some useful information.

sam.vanratt:
Hi Rich
I already used the alsa-modules (incl in the alsa.tcz as well); as I could find a file with opl3 in its name (I have alsa installed "on boot" against my better wishes to safe ram) but when I modprobe it I get:
tc@box:~$ modprobe opl3sa2 io=0x370 mss_io=0x530 mpu_io=0x330 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0
 ymode=2 isapnp=0 multiple=0
modprobe: module opl3sa2 not found in modules.dep

I do surely not want to temper with the modules.dep file if possible; I see in sys/modules a opl3 "entry" so I thought it should work.. any hint?

I searched the wiki and forum for the about 30 NM2160 solutions; the Lib100 BIOS  is quite incomp. to FB and VESA2, so the workarounds didn't work for me. As mentioned there's a fix for the Xorg Neomagic sourcepack but I had to install a compilersuite and Xorg Sources and ... to solve it my way. I did that under FreeBSD8.2 to get it working. I guess I have to do that instead of guessing around.

Cheers
Sam

gerald_clark:
Alsa and nvidia are off topic for this thread.

Rich:
Hi sam.vanratt
Try    modprobe snd_opl3sa2 io=0x370 mss_io=0x530 .......
modinfo snd_opl3sa2    for a list of accepted parameters.
And please start a couple of new threads for further audio and video problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version