WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: mtpaint Bug Feedback  (Read 3300 times)

Offline SamK

mtpaint Bug Feedback
« on: June 01, 2012, 03:06:13 AM »
mtpaint does not start from the JWM menu.  Starting within a terminal produces the following:
Code: [Select]
/apps/mtpaint/bin/mtpaint
/apps/mtpaint/localbin/mtpaint: error while loading shared libraries: libgif.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Seems to be looking for graphics-libs-1.

mtpaint1 works OK.  How about keeping the naming consistent with recent scms i.e. mtpaint-gtk1.scm?

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: mtpaint Bug Feedback
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 09:14:38 AM »
It needs giflib installed in it, I will add it in.

Mptaint1 was one of the first in the latest string of gtk1 apps, and I initially went with the naming similar to beaver and beaver2 in the tcz area.  But being already an mtpaint, I used mtpaint1.  After that , the -gtk1 suffix seemed more descriptive as mtpaint1 may seem to refer to the the version of mtpaint as being mtpaint 1.x.

If I have to rebuild mtpaint1, I will rename it like the rest.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 05:52:12 PM »
ligbif.so.4 is available in the mtpaint.scm extension and should be found, but for some reason it was hardcoded upon building to look in /usr/local/lib, I tested by simply copying the libgif.so* files from /apps/mtpaint/lib/ to /usr/local/lib/. 

That I fixed for now by adding a LD_PRELOAD line in /apps/mtpaint/bin/mtpaint wrapper to use the included libgif.so.4.

Offline SamK

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 06:58:11 AM »
...I fixed for now by adding a LD_PRELOAD line in /apps/mtpaint/bin/mtpaint wrapper to use the included libgif.so.4.
Downloaded the update and it now starts OK.

Edit: Correct typo

« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 07:06:40 AM by SamK »