General TC > General TC Talk

TinyCore with Symantec Ghost using PXE

<< < (2/6) > >>

gutmensch:
putting my 2 cents in here... ;-)

if I understand you correctly you want to have an OS, which PXE boots and deploys some images and you'd like to have some GUI on that OS to make it some kind of shiny and usable, is that correct?

there are of course millions possibilities, but I don't know of a HTA interpreter (long time since, isn't it? ;) an easy adaption to reuse this HTA code could be to load apache2, apache2-mod-php5 and a small web browser in your deploy OS, start the web server, start the web browser on the OS with your application and replace your HTA specific code with php code, as it is able to manipulate your system as well. including core.gz this could be possible in about 20 MB, depending on the effort you put into the optimization.

smaller are of course "native" system GUIs like static Qt, gtk2/glade, fltk but you would have to compile those and program in C/C++.

PTR73:
that's indeed wat i meant  :D

But maybe letting the HTA part go makes life easier.

So only addition of a linux variant of gimagex, which i can't find anywhere.  :-\

gutmensch:
As far as I know HTA uses ActiveX controls and thus probably Win32 API calls, which are to the day only available in Windows OS'. It's not a choice to not provide any HTA interpreter for Linux, it's technically not possible (unless someone puts work into transfering Win32 API calls to Linux, which I doubt will ever happen). However I might stand corrected here...

PTR73:
yess clear to me..

thanx.

funguy:
I agree with gutmensch.
gimagex would have to stay on winPE.  I used win7pe loading from network as well and load times were slow (5 minutes on mine). Sorry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version