Off-Topic > SCM EXtensions

libreoffice 3.5 - scm extension request

<< < (2/5) > >>

netnomad:
sounds good... i'm looking forward to test it extensively for you as an early adopter ;-)

Jason W:
Libreoffice 3.5 is up, depends only on gtk2.scm as I included the needed openjdk-7-jre.

netnomad:
hi jason w,

yeah, i tested it a couple of times and it works fine.
i run it on a usbstick installation, so i noticed that
if i don't umount the libreoffice.scm, the next reboot reports a recovery request and a check of the ext3-filesystem...
if i umount all scms, there is no recovery initiated...
is a clean umount needed vor scms?
if i start libreoffice.scm with few additional packages the menu-fonts are pretty tiny...
(f.e. isomaster has the same behavior)
after loading gdk-pixbuf2, better readable fonts are loaded.
would you recommend to load gdk-pixbuf2 in the onboot.lst or do you know a better solution?
is there a way to get scms in the ondemand-menu of the windows-manager f.e. fluxbox?
for the reason that i'm happy to work with very few packages in the onboot.lst, it's not so comfortable to load the scms ondemand over the scm-browser... what do you recommed? f.e. a script with actkbd-shortcuts?

thank you for all your help and providing us libreoffice.

Jason W:
I am not sure how to address the need for a clean umount of scms, I thought that the shutdown of the system unmounts everything, the same would need to occur and should be occurring with the tcz's.

Oh, and I see that installing gdk-pixbuf2.tcz makes libreoffice switch to the gtk2 interface.  I will see how to address that as it should be that way anyway with gtk2.scm loaded without the need for the tcz version of gdk-pixbuf2.

Rich:
While it's nice to have an orderly shutdown, I wouldn't have thought it really mattered for tczs since they are read only.
I thought that the journaling only came into play when writing to the file system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version