General TC > General TC Talk

Ways to edit pdf

<< < (4/4)

Juanito:
Intalling pil does not copy the headers into the file system - extension pil-2.7-dev created with the missing headers and posted.

@vinnie - if you load pil-2.7 and pil-2.7-dev things might work.

Edit: confirmed, building pysane now works  :)

vinnie:
Thanks Juan, you are always extremely helpful!  :)

@rich the question was a little longer, pysane was included in PIL, and thus there have been changes

It seems that the version of pysane separate compile, ocrfeeder now works, I tried it, is not exciting but okay.
Now begins the process of creating packages, I will take a while.

tweetyhack:
isn't OCRFeed just going to extract the text? If that's all you need, that's great. You'll probably lose all formating. I was looking for a pdf editor myself a while back. Like you, I didn't have much luck and ended up using LibreOffice which I think does a decent job. Adobe Acrobat Pro is a piece of shit, at least up to version 7(the lastest is 10 or something).

hiro:
so libreoffice is working better than adobe acrobat? i'm about to edit some files, too.

aus9:
TC has qpdf, submitted by some good looking aussie guy which states amongst other things

--- Quote ---An application that does structual, content preserving transformations on PDF files. It could be called pdf2pdf
--- End quote ---

It does not create from raw state a pdf, but once you have a pdf you can edit it with qpdf

########################

if you have decent internet why not try cloud editor?

the site is free to use but asks to upgrade for extra features so I guess that makes it commercial so I shall be obtuse

the site begins with pdf and ends in escape and is a commercial site

and makes the following claims

--- Quote ---Free PDF Editor & Form Filler
Annotate PDF Documents
Create New PDF Forms
Edit PDF Files
Fill Out PDF Forms
Password Protect PDF Content
Share PDF Documents
Save & Print PDF Files
View PDF Files Online

--- End quote ---