WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: How to obtain 3ware driver?  (Read 2653 times)

Offline firestorm_v1

How to obtain 3ware driver?
« on: February 07, 2012, 09:33:13 AM »
Hello again.

It appears that I am in need of the driver for a 3ware RAID card that doesn't appear to be in the repositories.  The $64 question is how do I go about getting the 3ware driver into TinyCore. I have two options available:

- Attempt to recompile the tinycore kernel to add support for 3ware (is this possible?) and then merge it into a bootable distro with ezremaster.

- Steal/Import a known working kernel and modules into tinycore and merge it into a bootable distro with ezremaster.

I've become quite familiar with ezremaster and its awesomeness however I'm not sure which is the best approach.  I need to be able to use the 3ware RAID array (this is for recovery in the event that the boot drive dies).  Does anyone have an opinion on which would be easier/better for what I am trying to do?

Thank you for your time. I appreciate any assistance you may be able to provide.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: How to obtain 3ware driver?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 09:44:59 AM »
Hi firestorm_v1
The kernel is already configured for 3ware modules. They are available in the  scsi  extension.

Offline firestorm_v1

Re: How to obtain 3ware driver?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 10:39:41 AM »
Hello Rich:

Thank you again for helping me out. You are correct, the array showed up right after I loaded the scsi extension and everything is working perfectly.  I'm off to play with ezremaster some more.

Thanks again!