WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: lirc ist not working TC4.1  (Read 5419 times)

Offline maro

Re: lirc ist not working TC4.1
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 01:24:57 PM »
With the risk of getting OT: After the reported changes I believe there are still two extensions which deserve some attention:
  • madwifi.tcz contains 14 kernel modules for TC 3.x and is therefore entirely unsuitable to remain in the TC 4.x repo and should be therefore removed. Obviously no one can use it in the current situation and given that there were essentially no forum posts related to it in the last 18 month I wonder whether anyone will notice. The maintainer of the extension (i.e. user 'blofsy') has not been active in the forum for 10 month, so who knows what the future might bring.
  • openvswitch.tcz contains a single kernel module and it would be good to split that off into a separate extension. The maintainer of this extension is listed as 'brezular', but there is no forum user of the handle. Possibly the only way to contact this person might be by working backwards from the email that delivered this extension. OTOH the exercise of splitting off a file is so trivial that any one of the "usual suspects" with access to the repository could do it, albeit for the cost of putting just another item on their already lengthy list of tasks.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 12:17:07 AM »
Madwifi nuked from 4.x, thanks.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2012, 06:46:04 AM »
I will email brezular in the gmail account and ask if he can split the kernel module out of the extension since that will keep it in line with naming conventions, or the "-3.0.3-tinycore" will need to be added to the main extension since it contains modules. 

It is obviously good business for folks to be regular forum members before submitting stuff, or at least submit things in the same name as their forum name.