WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: 64bit Remaster Question  (Read 5189 times)

Offline fmarinonj

64bit Remaster Question
« on: January 12, 2012, 05:24:36 AM »
I am trying to remaster Tiny Core 4.2 as a 64-bit ISO.

I copied the vmlinuz64 file to the isolinux/boot directory after the remaster process was complete (prior to creating the ISO) and modified the isolinux.cfg file to reference it.  I then proceeded to create the ISO and burn it to a disk.

However, when I boot off the remastered cd, it loads the 64bit kernel as expected, but then the system hangs at "Checking for extensions..."

I am using the 32bit core.gz file that was created during the remaster process.

I also created the ISO without the 64bit modifications, and the system works fine using the same core.gz file.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: 64bit Remaster Question
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 05:28:48 AM »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 05:44:32 AM »
..and note also, if you're planning to use a gui, you'll need Xorg and not Xvesa with core64

Offline fmarinonj

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 06:11:59 AM »
Thanks for the quick responses.

I created a new master with the core64.gz file included and made reference to that in the isolinux.cfg file.

When I use the ezremaster program, I have the following apps listed "Inside initrd apps on boot":

Xlibs.tcz, Xprogs.tcz, wbar.tcz, flwm_topside.tcz, ezremaster.tcz, xcdroast-gtk2.tcz, xfe.tcz, xfe-common.tcz, zenity.tcz, tc-install.tcz,
filesystems-3.0.3-tinycore.tcz, Xorg-7.6.tcz

I also have 2 extensions that I have built myself added.

However, when I boot off the new cd, the system loads extremely fast (about 6 times faster than the 32bit build) and fails to startx.  When looking at the extensions that are installed, I see that Xvesa is installed instead of Xorg-7.6 and none of the other extensions that I specified are loaded.

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 06:30:05 AM »
Hi fmarinonj
Use the search button near the top LEFT of the page and set the parameters as follows;
Search for: initrd
By User: ixbrian
Search order: Most recent topics first
I have not used  ezremaster  myself, but the search results should provide some answers.