WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Codetch WYSIWYG html editor extension giving no Design Mode with Minefield  (Read 4474 times)

Offline wiak

I use the fantastic Codetch WYSIWYG Dreamweaver-like html editor extension add-on on a daily basis with Firefox on both my other Linux installation and (occasionally) on Windows XP.

I thus installed Minefield on my TC system and downloaded the latest Firefox 3.x ready Codetch from:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1002?id=1002&application=firefox

It installs fine and I was able to right-click my Minefield displayed local html start page and bring up the Codetch editor in a separate tab (or window) as usual. But the WYSIWYG Design Mode button is missing, so I can only edit html in text mode with it. Yet when I install the exact same Codetch add-on on my Windows XP Firefox or my Puppy Linux Firefox the Design Mode button and mode works fine.

It's such a useful/necessary facility for me that  I can't generally use TC without it! I think there may be a problem with the Minefield installation since Codetch works with all the other Firefox installations I have.

The only possibly irrelevant error message that seems to come up each time in the Codetch Error Message window is:

No chrome package registered for chrome://help/content/platformClasses.css

May be nothing to do with the problem though. I'd be grateful if someone could try codetch out (it's a less than 400kb download .xpi) and see if they have the same problem and can offer a solution.

If only Codetch would work correctly with Minefield in TC it would be much better than having to use Seamonkey+Composer and avoids having to install Komposer or NVU much of the time.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 10:56:42 PM by wiak »

Offline curaga

• Administrator
For a quick workaround, try the official Mozilla build of ff (firefox.tce)
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline wiak

I just read your reply in TC using the official Firefox 3.0.9 and Codetch works great with it.

I hadn't realised you had a firefox.tce already produced so I had just downloaded the tar.bz2 from Mozilla and am running it from the directory I untarred it to, but now I'll look out the firefox.tce you mention since that would be a preferred solution.

Thanks.

Offline wiak

actually, I can't find any firefox.tce in the depository (I'm still using TC 1.2). Is there a download site or were you just suggesting using the official Mozilla binary for now rather than a prepared firefox.tce?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/tinycorelinux/tce/firefox.tce

It should be visible in the appbrowser too, perhaps you're using a mirror that hasn't updated in a while?
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline wiak

That's odd... it's there now. I thought I searched for it as well. I suspect human error: my eyesight (or spelling).

Thanks again.

TC with Firefox and Codetch makes a great combination. The FF extensions Xinha and "It's All Text" are also good additions.