Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

How to add Wbar applications?

(1/2) > >>

bengt_t:
Being new to this group I apologize if my question should have been posted to an other forum. If so please advice.

I have not succeeded in how and where to find information on how to add new applications which can be started from an icon on the screen. As, for example, Aterm, AppsAudit etc. The only tool I have found, so far is, to use ControlPanel/Wbar Conf to exclude items but not how to include new ones.

How and where can this be accomplished?

bmarkus:
Application must provide a freedesktop.org menu entry file (.desktop) and related icon. Check how they looks like in /usr=share/applications and /usr/local/share/apllications

KHarvey:
I followed the directions on the Wiki
http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:creating_custom_command_icons_in_wbar

Just be sure that you have at least one application installed OnDemand and it will create a /mnt/****/tce/ondemand folder.  That was the part that took me a few minutes to figure out.

coreplayer2:
Just add an icon and desktop file with the required info to the structure of your extension.  that way the extension will be mounted for faster loading instead of on-demand.

Look under tmp as shown below for some guidance on the details.

/tmp/tcloop/any_app/usr/local/share/applications/any_app.desktop
/tmp/tcloop/any_app/usr/local/share /icons/any_app_icon.png

the name of the any_app.desktop file will determine where on the wbar the icon will be displayed (In alphabetical order with the other icons).  Whereas the icon and app/script location is specified in the any_app.desktop file.

for construction of the desktop file try "Free Desktop Specifications" 

Hope that helps

bengt_t:
Yes it helped. Thanks for support.

I also found out that hacking the /usr/share/wbar/dot.wbar file could accomplish similar results....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version