WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Micro Questions  (Read 8578 times)

Offline coreplayer2

Re: Micro Questions
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 12:23:16 AM »
lol   ;D

I agree, yet I've become less reliant on the backup file since it hasn't been as reliable as i'd like it to be.  I've lost the contents of the backup file on numerous occasions, including the loss of the filetool.lst contents,  heck I keep backups of the filetool.lst for such an event, like when updating tinycore versions, then after rebooting finding my perfectly setup filetool.lst replaced with default setup, etc. 
Many ways around the dilemma however.. for example one can make the filetool.lst immutable once you have it set up the way you like it.  Or make a remastered image with the backup injected., or as the wiki suggests make an extension with one's important configuration files.  I use all of the above depending on the type of tc install.. :)

I believe Rich is referring to this command (below), to be used before sudo poweroff / reboot, like I said the above commands are my favorites and iirc were all I needed to install core, configure it, write scripts, test and install them. download, install and update apps/extensions.  never needed the filetool backup script in this cli install of core.   

filetool.sh -b

Offline floppy

Re: Micro Questions
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 01:29:46 PM »

and wifi.sh can't see my Dell Mini wifi card,
what can I do?

(from Juanito)
$ tce-load -wi pci-utils
$ lspci > lspci.txt
$ mc (open the files /home/tc/lspci.txt and dmesg.txt and you will see your card name anywhere)
(post the file as attachment here and we will have a look for you and can help making the recommendation for the driver to load)
AMD K6-IIIATZ 550MHz MB DFI K6xv3/+66
P4 HP DC7100 3GB 3GHz
Samsung NC10 boot from SD card port (via USB reader)
.. all TinyCore proofed