WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: getflash11 does not generate flash11.tcz  (Read 8409 times)

Offline nick65go

getflash11 does not generate flash11.tcz
« on: December 21, 2011, 02:29:11 AM »
I use core 4.2rc2 on a fresh partition. getflash11 does indeed install flash11, because I can use it and I see it in /tmp/tcloop/flash11. opera-next and firefox8 run OK.

my comment is about flash11.tcz : it is not generated, it is not in /tce/optional
but if I modfy the script genflash11.sh, to remove the -noappend
"sudo mksquashfs pkg/ "$DOWNLOAD_DIR"/flash"$VER".tcz -noappend > /dev/null 2>&1 || exit_red"

this new line works
sudo mksquashfs pkg/ "$DOWNLOAD_DIR"/flash"$VER".tcz || exit_red
but the resulting files are in /optional not in /mnt/sda6/tc4/optional/

btw: /tc4/optional has read and write permisions for tc:staff and AppBrowser works ok.
the /optional/flash11.tcz is root:root for user:group, but .dep and .md5.txt are tc:staff owner.

I can manage to build myself flash11.tcz, but maybe the extension owner wish to correct the script ;)
Anyway, thank you for the script and your effort to maintain it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 03:00:43 AM by nick65go »

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: getflash11 does not generate flash11.tcz
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 02:51:57 AM »
Ok, I think I know what has happened, I will fix it.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 03:05:25 AM »
Should be good now, try again.

Offline nick65go

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 03:32:43 AM »
thanks Jason, flash11.tcz  was created OK, together with dep and md5.txt
One more request, please:
flash11.tcz has root:root owner, but should be tc:staff maybe, to show in appbrowser list for ondemand (and onboot)?

Edit: sorry, I tested with a random selected extension, root:root permissions set, reboot again, and appbrowser seems to know /list that extension anyway for ondemand or onboot. which is good to know.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 03:45:15 AM by nick65go »

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 03:42:11 AM »
Ok, try again, I added that in.

Offline flyinghamster

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 10:36:20 PM »
 :D Hi new tinycore user here... Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere. I did a fresh install of tinycore but am having a difficult time installing Flash 11.

I have downloaded GetFlash11 through the app browser and run it from the desktop. However, I seem to be missing the flash11.tcz file and do not know where to proceed.

Strangely, I am able to watch youtube videos but any other flash application brings up the adobe download link.

Am I missing something obvious? i do not see flash11 in the tmp/tcloop/ folder as stated earlier in this post.

Offline teraflopb

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 11:40:36 AM »
Same here. Run getflash11 and there is a terminal window that flashes then goes away....

Online Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 12:34:35 PM »
Hi flyinghamster
GetfFlash only gets and packages the flash extension, it does not load it. Check your  tce/optional  directory to see if
it's there. If not, open a terminal and enter   sudo find / -iname *flash*.tcz to find it, then copy the tcz, md5, and dep
files to  tce/optional. Now open   AppsAudit   and add the flash extension to onboot. Reboot and flash should now
work.

Offline flyinghamster

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 01:03:55 PM »
After downloading and running GetFlash11, there still seems to be no resultant output. Just like teraflopb, terminal window flash and then nothing. The expected folder /optional does not contain anything additional, and using the search query you gave me comes up only with the result for the GetFlash11.tcz

Unfortunately I believe the retrieval and packaging of the extension may be the problem.

Is it worth trying to use GetFlash11? Is there a good method to manually install Flash from the Adobe tarball?

Online Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 01:10:55 PM »
Hi flyinghamster
It's possible that Adobe put out a new version of flashplayer. I think Jason W once mentioned that every time that
happens it breaks the  GetFlash  extension. At any rate, I suggest waiting for Jason to weigh in on this topic, he
knows a lot more about it than I do,

Offline flyinghamster

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 01:18:18 PM »
well thanks for your patience! i know that keeping up with download links is not exactly on the top of everyone's development list  ;) i will check back though for any updates

Online Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 01:32:21 PM »
Hi flyinghamster
If Jason doesn't respond to this thread in a couple of days, PM him with a link to this thread.

Offline ljk

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 01:48:26 PM »
Hello flyinghamster,

The present version of "getFlash11.sh" seems to work if you run it in a terminal window.  At least it did update Flash on my system.  If I ran it from the desktop, I got  the results that you indicated above, & Flash wasn't updated.  You probably understand about loading getFlash11.sh & running it in a terminal window.  If not, please send me a personal message, & I'll give you what works for me.

Take care.

ljk

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 05:47:38 PM »
I see the issue, the startup script calls on /opt/.tce_dir for the tce directory.

Since robc has done the latest update and hopefully would like to maintain it, I will give him a chance first before I correct it though it is a simple correction.

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 06:07:40 PM »
For a temporary fix:
echo "/etc/sysconfig/tcedir" > /opt/.tce_dir