Tiny Core Extensions > Extension requests

mongodb please

(1/4) > >>

skokorob:
Hi guys,

I have mongodb (32bit) running on TC 4.0.2, however I can't seem to get it to run as a daemon (but that's another thread).  It would be nice to have it as a package.  If it is not too much trouble both 32bit and 64bit would be cool.  (32bit for quick, easy development, 64bit for production)

(dubdubdub).mongodb.org/  8)

[edit]
I was able to get mongod to run as a daemon; turns out I was trying to use ~/bla/blah when I should have been using /home/tc/bla/blah  (yep, I'ma noob.)

Juanito:

--- Quote from: skokorob on November 02, 2011, 09:30:22 AM ---If it is not too much trouble both 32bit and 64bit would be cool.  (32bit for quick, easy development, 64bit for production)

--- End quote ---

Just to point out that microcore64 runs 64bit kernel modules, but otherwise allows 32bit applications to each share up to 4gb ram. It does not run 64bit applications.

Lee:

--- Quote ---It does not run 64bit applications.
--- End quote ---

Do you mean that microcore -cannot- run 64 bit applications?  Or just that there are no 64 bit apps in the repo?  This is  just a matter of curiosity for me as I've never had occasion to worry about such things for any practical reason.

curaga:
It can, but they'd need to be compiled against toolchain64. Binaries from elsewhere wouldn't run, unless they were static.

Lee:
Thanks.  That little bit of curiosity has been assuaged.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version