WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Where is Cyrilic support in TCE-Pango?!  (Read 4469 times)

Offline nickispeaki

Where is Cyrilic support in TCE-Pango?!
« on: April 15, 2009, 03:55:16 PM »
from
http://library.gnome.org/devel/pango/stable/pango-Scripts-and-Languages.html :
Code: [Select]
Given a script, finds a language tag that is reasonably representative of that script. This will usually be the most widely spoken or used language written in that script: for instance, the sample language for PANGO_SCRIPT_CYRILLIC is ru (Russian)
BUT in /tclocal/lib/pango/1.6.0/modules THERE IS NOT CYRILIC PANGO modules.... .so and .la files must be in that folder. Question is how to put cyrilic (and may be other modules) modules in that folder and obtain language support?

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Where is Cyrilic support in TCE-Pango?!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 07:43:58 PM »
I have cyrillic enabled in gtk2 and seamonkey, but I think it takes a glibc locale file which is not available at the monent.  To be honest, I forgot all the steps to having cyrillic letters in TC aside from installing the fonts.  But I will try to document the process more if no one else does first.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6863/pictureq.png

Offline nickispeaki

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 03:16:50 AM »
please, i you can remember, write please what i must to do for keyboard support!

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 05:36:06 AM »
Reading and writing Russian is one of my hobbies.  Some of the planned system updates I believe will help further support for other languages/locales.  I think Gtk2 at present has what it needs to support cyrillics, but if not it will be added.  I will try to piece together a how to for cyrillic Xvesa/gtk2/keyboard in the near future when I figure it out.  I have only been able to display cyrillic fonts on my test system, but what is needed aside from fonts may be already present in TC though I am missing it.  I am reading that Xvesa may have to be patched for to support the keyboard but I am not sure.  If so, I will make an Xvesa extension that will support xinput and xkb.

Kmaps.tce may be what is needed for keyboard.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 07:31:09 AM by Jason W »

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 01:35:09 PM »
Reading and writing Russian is one of my hobbies. 

Excellent! Maybe you can assimilate kolibrios.....how's your assembly code?

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 04:52:20 PM »
I've never done any assembly.  C is about as low level as I plan to go, and even the basics of C are a challenge enough.