WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: (zh_CN) Chinese support for tinycorelinux/中文支持包  (Read 270037 times)

Offline loubapache

Re: (zh_CN) Chinese support for tinycorelinux/中文支持包
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 08:14:16 PM »
Hi, all:

First post here but have used Ubuntu, Linuc Mint, CrunchBang, Puppy Linux for a long time.

Anyone tried fcitx 4.0 in tinycore 4.0.1?

I just tried tinycore 4.0.1 and got most of the things working except Chinese input.  There is a fcitx4.0.tcz in the repo so I got that.  Somehow I cannot get fcitx to work.

I have been using fcitx in Puppy linux for a while so kind of know how to configure, etc but just cannot get it to work in  tinycore 4.0.1.

TIA,

Offline david.w

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 11:57:46 PM »
Install FCITX4 and Opera9, Opera9-locale.
press Ctrl+Alt+Backspace. run startx.
enjoy  ;)

I don't know why fcitx doesn't work in Firefox7 and Opera11. I guess its related to how those extensions are compiled.
Firefox7 can display Chinese, but no input. Opera11 can't display nor input  Chinese. No error message emitted, no clue why. :-\
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 12:06:42 AM by david.w »

Offline loubapache

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 05:24:13 PM »
Install FCITX4 and Opera9, Opera9-locale.
press Ctrl+Alt+Backspace. run startx.
enjoy  ;)

I don't know why fcitx doesn't work in Firefox7 and Opera11. I guess its related to how those extensions are compiled.
Firefox7 can display Chinese, but no input. Opera11 can't display nor input  Chinese. No error message emitted, no clue why. :-\

Thanks, David.

This does work but it is a really awkward workaround.   I hope we can make it to work for the entire system so we can input in LibreOffice, etc.

Now you can only input in Opera 9, which I do not even use.  However, this does off A way to input.

Thanks,

Offline david.w

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 06:34:48 PM »

This does work but it is a really awkward workaround.   I hope we can make it to work for the entire system so we can input in LibreOffice, etc.

The input variables must be set before you see desktop, so that the variables are set at global scale. Thus normal installation should require a reboot. If you set fcitx to load onboot. It should work as usual after each reboot with no trick required.

The default progams shipped  with tinycore, written with FLTK will not accept chinese before the FLTK library is patched,  I am not sure about the details though.

I forget to register the xim with  GTK2 in this extension. run the following command once, before typing in gtk2  application.
Code: [Select]
gtk-query-immodules-2.0 | sudo tee /usr/local/etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 08:39:02 PM by david.w »

Offline loubapache

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 07:04:38 AM »
Thanks again, David.  This also works.

Now a different question,  In your earlier post, it sounded like this only works in Opera 9 so I installed it.

Now it is working in Chromium and leafpad (only two programs I tried so far).  Is Opera 9 and the locale extensions still needed?  I do not want just to remove them and found out later that FCOTX would no longer work.

Thanks for your help.

I enabled the skin and also edited the conf and profile files.

Offline david.w

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 05:47:14 PM »
Yeah, you can remove it.
xxxapplication-locales.tcz is not a must, if you don't want chinese in UI. the essential locale file has been collected into a locale-col-zh.tcz

Offline david.w

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 08:37:59 AM »
Opera11 in 4.x repo should show Chinese, after a Chinese ttf font is linked or coped to /usr/share/fonts/. (fcitx chose wenquanyi bimap font for minimum dependency)
Fcitx 4.1.2 will be submitted soon with all the new features in fcitx 4.1.2.