WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: German spy software is in my PC with TinyCoreLinux.. or only in Windows PCs?  (Read 3205 times)

Offline floppy

Hello there,
here an article in a german site:
http://www.stern.de/digital/computer/ccc-hackt-spionagesoftware-bundestrojaner-angeblich-verfassungswidrig-1736663.html
The autorities are installing spy SW on PCs in Germany (back to the good old time.. with Stasi & Co.. and other organizations few years earlier in Germany..).
a PC with TCL can be hacked?
Or it concerns only windows PCs?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 07:33:13 AM by floppy »
AMD K6-IIIATZ 550MHz MB DFI K6xv3/+66
P4 HP DC7100 3GB 3GHz
Samsung NC10 boot from SD card port (via USB reader)
.. all TinyCore proofed

Offline maro

I would never rely on any reporting from the mainstream media, which IMHO is clueless about these technical matters.

If one instead goes closer to the source of such headlines (e.g. here) you would find a reference to a PDF document (in German) which basically in it's very first sentence (i.e. "Die Malware bestand aus einer Windows-DLL ohne exportierte Routinen") provides a very strong hint to answer your question.

Please note I have not read either the article or the analysis report as I'm not particular interested in this very subject. I just want to cut off any silly speculation and advise those which a greater interest to go and study these probably more appropriate documents.