Tiny Core 4.0 Alpha3 is available for public testing.http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/tinycorelinux/4.x/x86/alpha/
* Updated kernel to 3.0.3
* Updated udev to 173
* Updated glibc to eglibc-2.13
* Updated e2fsprogs base libs to 1.41.14
* Updated gcc base libs to 4.6.1
* Updated util-linux base libs to 2.19.1
* Updated all the custom core utilities to use the new repository area: http://distro.ibiblio.org/tinycorelinux/4.x/x86/tcz/alpha2
* New loadcpufreq to handle module loading.
* Updated eglibc for 486/586 support.
* Updated busybox 1.19 with latest patches and fix for chpasswd segfault.
* Updated ondemand for console based extensions via Freedesktop Exec=cliorx prgname
* Adjusted .xsession to handle X startup failure.
* Adjusted .setbackground colors for wallpaper handling.alpha3
* Replaced ldd and ldconf with original versions not dependent on bash.
* Restored ssb module to base.
* Updated AppBrowser Search and Keyword as described below.
* Updated ab Search and Keyword.
* Updated search.sh internal script support for new search method shared by AppBrowser & ab
* New keyword.sh internal script support for new keyword method shared by AppBrowser & abNotes
The Search method for both AppBrowser and ab is now a local info.lst seach.
To use enter the starting few characters of the desired extension, e.g., abi
for abiword, or oper
Both AppBrowser and ab now offer Keyword searching.
Examples: enter browser
to display browsers, enter game
to list games.Attn
: microcore users will need new Xprogs.tcz from 4.x repository.