WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Why can't I see the wbar?  (Read 1795 times)

Offline ccore

Why can't I see the wbar?
« on: August 31, 2011, 11:15:22 AM »
Why can't I see a wbar on tc when launching from CD? I'm on a pentium MMX 166 Mhz with 80 mb of RAM and a 2.1 GB IDE HDD. Is there a way to launch it with the terminal? I already tried wbar, it only says using a super bar.

Offline christophed

Re: Why can't I see the wbar?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 11:33:47 AM »
This thread has some related information:

http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,8267,0.html

If you did not mess with the base iso or wbar config according to the thread above you should probably try to compile wbar yourself (which sounds harder then it is). compiletc.tcz fetches gcc & toolchain, just make sure to install -dev packages for needed dependencies before starting configure.

Offline ccore

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 11:40:35 AM »
sounds ok to me, but 2 more questions: how can I install tc on my hard disk without wbar? second: is it possible that the wbar doesnt show up because I do not have enough ram?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 12:18:18 PM »
All icons also have menu items, and you can also launch the installer via the command line or the run tool.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 04:58:51 PM »
I'm going to throw this out there because it happened to me on a couple of occasions.

I have seen where clicking on the wbar can cause the bar to disappear until next reboot instead of the expected refresh.   one time this was a beta version of tc  the other I can't recollect.    Weird things can happen with the display of windows too, like for example clicking on or near the window handle can cause the window to resize and partially disappear off screen..   Well, I haven't seen either of these issues in a while so maybe it's a moot point.