Off-Topic > Off-Topic - Tiny Core Lounge

TC wifi with a Hawking 54M 802.11g PCMCIA card

(1/3) > >>

Linuxrookie:
My handle says it all.  I'm a recent (very recent) windows transplant.  I apologize in advance for my ignorance.  I'm trying to use TC on a 850MHZ Dell Latitude C800 w/250Meg RAM for a dedicated genealogy machine.  I plan to give it to my non-techno, 63 year old, younger sister to use.  It (and the HWC54G Hawking PCMCIA card) are fully functional under Windows but incredibly slow.  The whole system also works under PUPPY Linux but still not as fast as I'd like at browsing and especially at web video.  I can't get TC to recognize the PCMCIA card.  No LEDs. Nothing.  Even though PUPPY automatically sees the thing.
All I have to do in PUPPY is select the SSID and type in the WPA password.  It seems to me that this means there are appropriate firmware/drivers available in LINUX but I can't seem to find them anywhere.  I'm beginning to suspect that even if I could find them I wouldn't know what to do with them.  Anyone willing to invest some time on me or should I just stick with PUPPY.  TNX

Juanito:
Perhaps the first thing to try is to copy & paste the output of "lsmod" in puppy here, so we can see which driver is used for your pcmcia card.

Linuxrookie:
Is this what you mean?

Rich:
Hi Linuxrookie
You might want to replace that file with a plain text file so that it can be viewed with any editor or
browser.

Linuxrookie:
Rich, is this better?

TNX

OOPS!  I don't think so. Just tried to read it.  Sorry, I'll try again

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version