WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Firefox/Minefield Trick Request - lack of flash  (Read 4484 times)

Offline grandma

• Never forget Grandma Loves You & made that candy4U
    • Back when a 10MB HD was $500 bucks
Firefox/Minefield Trick Request - lack of flash
« on: August 23, 2011, 04:23:28 PM »
The firefox 4.0 is giving me "gray screens" on window open, whether opened by a TC SH script or Javascript.

Its listed at mozilla bugs as a common problem, with a series of firefox about:config steps to take - that didn't resolve it.

FF also seems to run slower and slower - another common thread at mozilla forums.

SO ... I tried Minefield - the older 3x version as I liked FF back then - never wanted to move to 4.0, rather had hoped to stay back until FF stabilized a bit.

Minefield seems to run faster - but no flash comes up as "DOWNLOAD PLUGIN" as it is a lighter/faster browser and I assume this was a component - some sort of integration with flash - that wasn't built in.

Do the 4x minefields run faster? Does flash 10 work (if pre-loaded) as it did in firefox, and if not, is there a way to incorporate it so they do.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. Update - tried Minefield 5 - and I'm only 30 minutes in but it does appear quite a bit faster than Firefox 4.0

However - same issue - flash (i.e. youtube) requests a plug in - old Flash10ff does not seem to satisfy the request - am going to try VLC or some other play plug in or pray we get a Flash10 for this ... thank you.

SYSTEM: ACER NOTEBOOK: 3G ram, 100% Linux (TC)
BOOTING TC FROM: USB STICK - all hard drives are pure data
Flash version flash10x
Audio is all alsa
Works well with skype and other players thus far
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:45:59 PM by grandma »
~ Luv Grandma
"When children of all nations
play in the sandbox together
all morning-all day-all week, and
one fine sunny day; all year long ...
... then war will become an ancient memory
and Grandma can knit that sweater