Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Talk

SANE - Scanner configuration

(1/1)

gregg_a_g:
Started using TC about 2 weeks ago.  Great!  I plan to use a small mini-ITX box as a central
server.  I have NFS running well and am trying to install SANE and a Brother DCP-7020 printer/scanner.  Brother has .deb and .rpm files for Linux drivers.  I used "ar" from base
to extract the files from the .deb archive.  There are a couple of setup scripts and the
expected backend libraries. 

Installed sane-backends no problem.  I don't quite understand the architecture of TC.  After
installing sane-backends I see there is a /usr/local/etc/sane.d/dll.conf (which is a link to
/tmp/tcloop/...).  This file is "read-only".  I can't "edit" this file, but I can "replace" the link
by "sudo cp myfile /usr/local/etc/sane.d/dll.conf", where "myfile" contains only the line
"brother2".  Also, I can create /etc/sane.d and place a dll.conf in that directory.  So I want
to understand the "precedence" or the right place to put dll.conf.  Will /etc/sane.d/dll.conf
supersede the /usr/local/etc/sane.d/dll.conf? 

When I used sane-find-scanner I can "see" the DCP-7020 (right bus, etc).  When I try
to scan (scanimage -L or xsane) the scanner can't be found.  I put the Brother drivers in
/usr/lib, /usr/bin, etc.

Am I on the right track?  Or do I need to "install" some of the libraries and dll.conf into another
directory?

Thanks for any help!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version