WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Problem with Intel e100 ethernet on compaq laptop Solved.  (Read 2311 times)

Offline differential

Problem with Intel e100 ethernet on compaq laptop Solved.
« on: July 24, 2011, 09:01:40 PM »
Hi

I am having a second try on putting TCL on a Compaq pentium 3 laptop with 256MB Ram.  It is the same problem others have had with needing to get the firmware for the ethernet from the firmware.tcz file.   grep shows the message 'Failed to load firmware e100/d101s_ucode.bin'.

I managed to get this to work in TCL a year or two back but my records are not that clear and I seem to be stuck this time with dhcp not working.

The laptop has a swap partition hdb and one other partition hda2 which has two Puppy Linux files on it..  I have downloaded firmware.tcz and copied it into a file /mnt/hda2/tce/optional that I created.  I am not sure what to do next.  I also found the e100 firmware in Puppy Linux and so have the file d101s_ucode.bin.

Thanks

I have somehow got the internet connection working.  I was assuming that it was not working from the Control Panel, Network screen where there did not seem to be any DHCP going on but when I attempted to download an extension it worked.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:09:15 AM by differential »

Online curaga

• Administrator
Re: Problem with Intel e100 ethernet on compaq laptop
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 12:01:13 AM »
Mark it onboot in appsaudit, so that it gets loaded.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.