WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: TCL as Xen Dom0?  (Read 12707 times)

Online Juanito

• Administrator
Re: TCL as Xen Dom0?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 07:34:50 PM »
How can I find out which modules/firmware are in the standard tinycore.gz?
Have a look at http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/tinycorelinux/3.x/release/src/kernel/config-2.6.33.3-tinycore

Also, how do I obtain a 64-bit kernel? kernel.org doesn't seem to differentiate, yet TC has a bzImage and a bzImage64.
I'd suggest reading http://cross-lfs.org/view/1.1.0/x86_64-64/

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 07:37:13 PM »
Kernel.org supplies source. You compile it the way you want it.

Offline TheNewbie

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 10:13:20 PM »
Ha, it seems I'm doomed to being an idiot at Linux forever.

I read the site that Juanito suggested I read, and I'm still a bit confused. I have to apply .patch files to the compiler tools? How would I do that? What compiler options do I have to use?  :-\

Sorry if I'm pissing people off with my never-ending stream of basic questions...

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 12:32:22 AM »

How can I find out which modules/firmware are in the standard tinycore.gz?

Boot tc, "find /lib/modules" ;). No firmware in the base. sorter.sh creates the extensions, but for your first remaster, I'd recommend including all the modules in the initrd, it's easier.

Also, how do I obtain a 64-bit kernel? kernel.org doesn't seem to differentiate, yet TC has a bzImage and a bzImage64.

By compiling the source with toolchain64. If you search the forum, there are some instructions for that (it's a bit more complicated than a standard 32-bit one).
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline TheNewbie

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 01:06:51 PM »
Ehhh... Wouldn't I need the 2.6.37 kernel headers...? And, for that matter, have the toolchain compiled with those headers? So complex  :'(

Offline skchopperguy

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 02:31:51 PM »
Hi all,

Sorry to bark on an old thread but its exactly what I'm trying to work on right now.

Has anyone successfully setup TCL64 as Xen Dom0?

I'd love to figure this out so I can have TCL64 to load VM's on. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline TheNewbie

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 02:33:22 AM »
TC 4.0 was the first to use 3.0.3 kernel, and all those libs and such should pretty much be up-to-date. In theory, you just need to get that compiletc (not sure if that's the right name?) extension and compile the Xen source. Haven't messed with this stuff for a while now though, so I'm not sure if it'll really go that smoothly.

Sorry for grave digging, but I figure this topic is on the first page of the subforum anyways.