Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Talk

vm-scsi-2.6.33.3-tinycore64

(1/2) > >>

harjoc:
Hello,

Apparently the vmware scsi drivers were uploaded only for 32bit kernels. The extension name is vm-scsi-2.6.33.6-tinycore.tcz. I could really use a tinycore64 version of the package (or I could also build it myself if needed).

Thanks!
Bogdan

curaga:
Some of them are in the larger -scsi extension, so if you pick one of those for the adapter type, you can use that extension.

genec:
BusLogic:    BusLogic
LSI SCSI:    mptsas
LSI SAS:    mptspi
PVSCSI:    vmw_pvscsi

The mpt* modules seem to be missing for the 64-bit kernel but are in the drivers/message/fusion/ directory not drivers/scsi/ so that may be how it got missed in extension generation.

harjoc:
Is there any chance of making a vmscsi-tinycore64 package with these modules ? I remember building them for -32 for tinycore-3.3 but I would need gcc-amd64 in this case (compiletc apparently only has gcc-i686).

The BusLogic extension from scsi-tinycore64 works, but in some cases (windows already installed in virtual machine) changing the scsi adaptor type in the .vmx config file does not work.

--- Quote from: genec on July 01, 2011, 05:44:59 PM ---BusLogic:    BusLogic
LSI SCSI:    mptsas
LSI SAS:    mptspi
PVSCSI:    vmw_pvscsi

The mpt* modules seem to be missing for the 64-bit kernel but are in the drivers/message/fusion/ directory not drivers/scsi/ so that may be how it got missed in extension generation.

--- End quote ---

Juanito:
You can use the toolchain64 and toolchain64-lib extensions to build 64bit stuff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version