WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: will rxvt have pseudo transparency?  (Read 9438 times)

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
Re: will rxvt have pseudo transparency?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 06:35:47 AM »

In any case, I believe Bash ignores profile if bash_profile exists, so that might have something to do with my  rxvt complaint (if it actually still is a complaint...still haven't checked).

Yes, after reading /etc/profile, it searchs the remaining files in order, exiting after it finds and reads any one of them. (.profile is last).
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 06:37:29 AM by jpeters »

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 08:50:16 AM »
sudo clears the environment to be more secure; I think to preserve it su should be used instead.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline meo

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 03:34:37 PM »
Hi!

Just something I noted with the new shell in transparent mode. When I had opened beaver above it and shut beaver down the space beaver had taken was blue (I think it was the original color bg. I use a picture instead.) and after minimizing the shell and reopening it, it was all blue. I repeated the same thing and the shell went blue again. A mystery, a bug or some mistake I have made, I just don't know.

Have fun all TC-users,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline mikshaw

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 04:54:49 PM »
I can't see using dwm as a default for any distro.  I use it myself, but there is no configuration after it is built.  What that means is that people who don't do source don't have the apparent choice that is praised but us Linux users.