WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Fixing mouse problem and dillo/wbar problem  (Read 2663 times)

Offline lagagnon

Fixing mouse problem and dillo/wbar problem
« on: April 04, 2009, 08:37:29 AM »
I have a TCE install to my hard drive. I have a typical two button mouse with the scroll wheel. Scroll wheel is not functioning, so as there is no /etc/X11/xorg.conf file how do I make changes to my mouse config permanent?

Secondly I have the dillo/wbar problem mentioned already in these forums where wbar icons get screwed by a lack of a newline in the dillo file. I have tried editing that file but it does not stay persistant. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Also, how does one remove an application from a tce install?

Larry

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Fixing mouse problem and dillo/wbar problem
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 09:04:41 AM »
With the X vesa setup you can choose the mouse config, and then back up your ~/.xsession file to be persistent.  Actually, doing a backup by default will preserve the home directory where .xsession resides.   I am assuming you don't have Xorg installed that is.  Then it would be backing up /etc/X11/xorg.conf. 

The dillo wbar issue was fixed in the repo.  Perhaps the mirror has not synced with ibiblio yet if it is being downloaded from a mirror.  I will double check when I get home tonight.  Editing or replacing files that are part of a tce will get overwritten each time the tce gets loaded on boot.  The edited file can be backed up, and the backup will be restored after the tce untars so it will persist.

For uninstalling tce's there is a tce-uninstall extension available in tce format.