WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: The Vim needs libXaw7  (Read 2359 times)

Offline wget

The Vim needs libXaw7
« on: June 23, 2011, 06:15:28 PM »
This is not a bug,
the version 3.7.1 hasn't got
libXaw.so.7
libXaw7.so
libXaw7.so.7
libXaw7.so.7.0.0

The usrs have to copy them back themself.

Offline maro

Re: The Vim needs libXaw7
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 07:28:39 PM »
I don't quite see what the issue might be: The required library (i.e. 'libXaw.so.7') for 'vim' is now (since about 2011-05-10) a part of the 'Xorg-7.5-lib.tcz' extension. This extension is (currently) in the dependency list of the 'vim.tcz' extension. It was AFAIK added to 'vim.tcz.dep' at about the same time as it got included in 'Xorg-7.5-lib.tcz' (and before '/usr/lib/Xaw*' were removed as part of the TC 3.7 release).

Download and installation of 'vim.tcz' works as expected and no unresolved dependency was found in my little testing. I assume you'll need to update your extension (or rather it's *.dep file).

One point though is the fact that 'Xorg-7.5-lib.tcz.list' did not get updated. As a consequence provides.sh libXaw.so.7 && cat info.lst delivers the "wrong" (or rather misleading, as it is outdated) "answer" of 'Xlibs.tcz'.

Offline wget

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 08:55:48 PM »
Thank you.
I'm sorry I haven't checked the vim.dep, I'll notice more information when using a new version.
The files in Xorg-7.5-lib.tcz are right.
Updating is a hard work, for DEVELOPERS and me.   ;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:58:38 PM by wget »

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 01:03:13 AM »
Thanks, fixed the .list oversight.

Yeah, it's good to check with appsaudit when these kinds of moves are done (update extensions, update deps, check for missing deps).
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.