Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Q&A Forum

[Solved] gtk-industrial-engine compile trouble

(1/2) > >>

marquitico:
I am trying to compile the Industrial gtk2 engine from scratch from the gtk-industrial-engine_0.2.36-2.tar.gz package. The Industrial engine in gtk-engines.tcz is too outdated for a theme I found online (I think). The autogen.sh script terminates with no peculiarities, but make fails with the following error:

--- Code: ---     /bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/usr/local/include/gtk-1.2
          -I/usr/local/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/local/lib/glib/include    -g -O2 -MT industrial1_theme_main.lo -MD -MP -MF
          .deps/industrial1_theme_main.Tpo -c -o industrial1_theme_main.lo industrial1_theme_main.c
     libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/usr/local/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/local/include/glib-1.2
          -I/usr/local/lib/glib/include -g -O2 -MT industrial1_theme_main.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/industrial1_theme_main.Tpo
          -c industrial1_theme_main.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/industrial1_theme_main.o
     industrial1_theme_main.c:14:28: error: parse_rc_style.h: No such file or directory
     make[3]: *** [industrial1_theme_main.lo] Error 1
     make[3]: Leaving directory `~/gtk-industrial-engine-0.2.36/gtk1-engine'
     make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
     make[2]: Leaving directory `~/gtk-industrial-engine-0.2.36/gtk1-engine'
     make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
     make[1]: Leaving directory `~/gtk-industrial-engine-0.2.36'
     make: *** [all] Error 2
     tc@box:~/gtk-industrial-engine-0.2.36$
--- End code ---

Poking around in the subdirectories, I see that I indeed have no parse_rc_style.h header file. Is this supposed to come in the package itself? Or was autogen.sh supposed to create it?

This is the same package that was used to build the gtk1 engine in 3.x. I'm hoping someone familiar with it can help. :)

I am on MicroCore 2.10. I have built several gtk1 and gtk2 engines successfully, including murrine, nodoka, equinox, newpsychicabilities, xeno, and so on, plus other packages that are not GTK-related, so I know that my build environment in general is functional. Did this package need special -dev files? Or maybe particular command-line options passed to autogen.sh?

Not skilled at this sort of thing, I confess. What other info do you need from me? Thanx in advance.

Juanito:
Isn't the issue that you're trying to compile a gtk1 engine using gtk2 and its devs?

I'm guessing that it would compile with gtk1 and devs. Is there a ./configure switch to choose between gtk1 and gtk2

tinypoodle:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=380684

marquitico:

--- Quote from: Juanito on May 12, 2011, 10:23:42 PM ---Isn't the issue that you're trying to compile a gtk1 engine using gtk2 and its devs?
--- End quote ---
Actually not. I have successfully compiled gtk2 engines on here (murrine, nodoka, and equinox) and gtk1 engines (newpsychicabilities, xeno) and packages that had an engine for each (lighthouseblue). I have both gtk1 & gtk2, and gtk1 & gtk2 devs and deps as well. The config.log shows clearly that both gtk1 and gtk2 were successfully detected on my system during configure. It seems to be that while running make, the industrial1_theme_main.c file references a header (parse_rc_style.h) that doesn't exist.

The error that I posted is simply the point during the make where it stopped (which was almost at the beginning), at which point it was working on gtk1. When it failed it simply quit altogether.

--- Quote from: Juanito on May 12, 2011, 10:23:42 PM ---I'm guessing that it would compile with gtk1 and devs. Is there a ./configure switch to choose between gtk1 and gtk2

--- End quote ---
No, there isn't, and that surprised me! But following the example of the smooth engine, I tried various forms of the option to disable building gtk2, but it just spat "unrecognized option" back at me.

Juanito:
There's a copy of the file here:

http://dev.laptop.org/~mstone/sources/expanded_srpms/gtk2-engines-2.10.2-2.fc7/gtk-engines-2.10.2/engines/industrial/src/parse_rc_style.h

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version