WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: pcmcia-cf & sony memorystick  (Read 2069 times)

lmart

pcmcia-cf & sony memorystick
« on: April 29, 2011, 09:58:55 AM »
Tinycore properly identifies my pcmcia-cf drive, but does not recognize my built-in memorystick reader.

#1 - Is there a utility that will identify all hardware on my laptop with the corresponding drivers/kernel modules?  If not, how does one go about that process manually?

#2 - If driver installation is required for my memorystick reader, where are there docs that will walk me through the process?

Thank you.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: pcmcia-cf & sony memorystick
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 10:58:50 AM »
No ready utility, you'd first check what the device is (lsusb / lspci from the usb/pci-utils extensions) and then search based on its ID or name.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 02:31:41 PM »
Mass storage controller   Texas Instruments PCI7420/7620 Combo CardBus, 1394a-2000 OHCI and SD/MS-Pro Controller

Google says it should work with the tifm modules. They are included in the base, try modprobing them (tifm_sd tifm_core tifm_7xx1).

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 01:59:25 AM »
sudo modprobe tifm_core

Repeat for the other two.

Offline maro

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 10:47:41 PM »
In case this issue is still open I'd suggest to provide us here with an attachment of the full dmesg output. Maybe there is another piece of information that has so far been overlooked.

Furthermore it might be still a good idea to also attach the lspci -vnn output as well (requires the 'pci-utils.tcz' extension).