Hello SunBurnt. Thanks for your interest. I've not worked on Fluff actively for several months, but I would like to do several updates/additions to Fluff when I can find the time, along with workin on other apps.
Some comments on your suggestions:
(0) A few others have mentioned FTP and can see some value in it, but it would take more code to fully integrate than I want to invest right now. Maybe after some other features I think will have greater utility to a wider variety of users.
1) I've mentioned mount/unmount as something I'd like to do. It would be nice if people with more knowledge of mountable filesystems and how they specifically work in TC can help me when I get to that point.
2) You can configure your own application associations to do this. I've done so before. I think you should be able to find an example I've posted.
3) Not sure what you mean... Change the name of the file so it ends with a different extension? You can already do that. Add or modify the file-type recognition patterns so you can distinguish and run specific apps for them? You can do that too, within some constraints. Please review the help file and post specific questions/issues if you can't do what you want. Maybe I or another user can help, or better understand how the current system could be improved.
4) There are right-click context menu items for Copy and Paste. I know Cut is common in other apps, but Delete and Copy+Paste cover the two usage scenarios for Cut and allow a simpler, cleaner implementation. This is important in a FM that tries to be lean.