WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Sourceforge is hosting a bogus Tiny Core project.  (Read 26054 times)

Offline hiro

Re: Sourceforge is hosting a bogus Tiny Core project.
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2011, 08:45:05 PM »
This is what he says on that site:
Is Robert Shingledecker a man or a mob?

Instead of getting down off his high horse and sending me an email, Robert Shingledecker has instead elected to whip the users of his forums into a frenzy and send them out to attack me on the internet.

Robert, are you so insecure that you cannot face me yourself? It's just email, don't be afraid...

I don't think this does our community justice, as I didn't see anyone here trying to "attack" him. Instead I read helpful suggestions and moderation from most our forum members.
I pity this got personal. I guess we can move on now?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2011, 04:28:30 AM »
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2011, 06:16:45 AM »
We reached back out to the Tiny Core Linux team through IRC chat to clear up the misunderstanding

The content of this blog post is along the same lines of the explanations given and positions expressed by sourceforge in #tinycorelinux.
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline danielibarnes

Re: Sourceforge is promoting fraud!
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2011, 01:43:27 PM »
http://sourceforge.net/blog/another-lesson-learned-clear-communication-is-key/
A blog post on the issue from yesterday.

I tried to say that early on:

Do not be quick to judge. I'd recommend finding out what is going on and giving the individual an opportunity to take corrective action. This may be accidental and not an intentional attempt to claim ownership of any of these projects.

There may be ruffled feathers among the parties involved, but fortunately the issue was eventually resolved.

Offline grandma

• Never forget Grandma Loves You & made that candy4U
    • Back when a 10MB HD was $500 bucks
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2011, 12:32:52 AM »
It has to do with morals and ethics and if what you say is true and that person is representing himself as either you or author of Tiny Core, then:

a) ask them nicely if they will specify - "we didn't author the base package - we just added "THIS" (assuming they enhanced "this")

b) if they post that then they did TC a favor getting the package into the community.

c) if they suggest they wrote it, they deserve a truckload of legal bricks dropped on them and

b) the person who paid them or encouraged them is the real threat - unless you are aware of why this particular person would make such a blunder, and

c) are you sure that person is a real person and not a front for someone else?

« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 12:59:44 PM by grandma »
~ Luv Grandma
"When children of all nations
play in the sandbox together
all morning-all day-all week, and
one fine sunny day; all year long ...
... then war will become an ancient memory
and Grandma can knit that sweater
you'll hold near to your heart
until long after you're my age.