WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Suggestion: Change the Content-Type for *.info, *.list, and *.dep files  (Read 2136 times)

Offline maro

I was wondering whether it would be possible to change the HTTP Content-Type of the *.info, *.list, and *.dep files in the repository from 'application/octet-stream' to something that is more easily "readable" in any odd browser (e.g. 'text/plain'). This way the users of the "index_nojs.html" version of the file extension file list would also get to read the files more "directly".

Furthermore I wonder whether the same should apply to the more "hidden" text files like *.tree, 'info.lst', 'mirrors.lst', and 'sizelist'.

Offline gutmensch

• Administrator
  • I can make it disappear, have no fear!
    • remembrance blog
unfortunately it's not possible atm - ibiblio now runs on lighty and doesn't allow user based content type changing. that's one reason why there's a js version. the other one is, that the js repo page is only 30% of the size of the nojs one (350K vs. 1.1M), so - in case you have a recent browser, which speeds up js - it should also load faster.
If I seem unduly clear to you, you must have misunderstood what I said. (Alan Greenspan)

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Link to .info file is shown on 'Recently updated' page also. Clicking on the link in most browsers starts download or initiate question for application opening. There are no JAVA.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline gutmensch

• Administrator
  • I can make it disappear, have no fear!
    • remembrance blog
that's right, updates page is not ajax'ed atm, it's on my todo list :)
If I seem unduly clear to you, you must have misunderstood what I said. (Alan Greenspan)