Tiny Core Extensions > TCE 3.x

ipheth

<< < (2/3) > >>

knightrous:
Belated reply, but today I got ipheth working in tinycore!

I'm not exactly sure, but I installed it fresh on a second laptop, ensured ipheth-pair, usbmuxd, ipheth modules and ifuse were set to OnBoot and it seems to work following the commands you've listed in this thread.

About to head to a motel for the night and will try it again to confirm it works reliably :) anyway we can bind the commands to a key to toggle the service on and off?

Juanito:
Good to hear progress is (hopefully) being  made  :)

I'm guessing this is due to the updated libimobiledevice I posted (I can now play music from an iphone using rhythmbox as well).

As mentioned earlier, internet tethering/personal hotspot is blocked on my hardware so I can't give too many recommendations on how to use it.

To turn things off/on I guess you could either disable internet tethering/personal hotspot on your iphone or kill the udhcpc process - I'm not sure how you could bind this to a key press though.

curaga:
actkbd :)

knightrous:
Okay,

I've had more time to fiddle with this, it's a little funky but I've worked out how to get it to work.

First off, if I disconnect my iphone after tethering, it will not tether again without a reboot.
Once I have plugged my phone in, I run a custom iphone.sh which has

--- Code: ---sudo /lib/udev/ipeth-pair --list
ifuse /home/tc/iphone
sudo udhcpc -i eth1

--- End code ---

I think the unplugging, no re-tethering thing might be fixed by unmounting the phone using ifuse.

Juanito:
I don't think mounting the iphone file system with ifuse would have any bearing on the successful outcome (or not) of internet tethering.

..and I wouldn't recommend unplugging the iphone with the file system still mounted (use "sudo umount /home/tc/iphone" first).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version