WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Source files for FLWM may not be up to date.  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Source files for FLWM may not be up to date.
« on: April 19, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »
I downloaded the FLWM source files so that I could disable the mouse warp behaviour. When
I compiled the program the minimize button is on the left instead of with the other buttons.
The file I downloaded is  flmw-1.14.tgz dated July 30, 2010 and the latest timestamps on the
files is January 14, 2010. If I check the Info tab in AppBrowser it says the current version is 1.12
and the Change-log lists additional changes from January 31 to November 22 of 2010. I also
noticed that there is a unicode version listed as version 1.14, yet there is no mention of unicode
in the source files (I'm not interested in unicode, just an observation).

1. Did I download the wrong file?
2. There is a Makefile dated June 2006 and a compileit script dated September 2009. The Makefile
    produces an executable that's about 14Kb larger than the script after stripping, which should I
    be using?

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: Source files for FLWM may not be up to date.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 04:37:40 PM »
It has been over a year since any change to flwm sources. Those that you mentioned are to do with the supporting scripts that are unique to Tiny Core's dynamic menu. If I recall topside has a different button layout than traditional left-side flwm.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 10:23:45 PM »
Hi roberts
My apologies, I neglected to say it's topside I'm trying to modify. I also just figured out it's the Iconize
button, not the minimize button that moved to the left end of the title bar. I found a note in Frame.C
stating the "iconize button is top left" signed RS. I also found a post by you from March of 2010 where
said you created a new iconize button and moved it to the right. As I noted, the source files are dated
January of 2010, which is why I think the sources may not be current. I also found your post stating to
use the compileit script so that answers that question. Besides compiletc what else should I have
installed? I have fluid installed, is that correct or should I have something else like fltk-1.3-dev.tcz?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 11:53:34 PM »
compiletc includes fltk devs (1.1).
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 12:08:46 PM »
Hi curaga
Thanks for the information.