WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: How to save the present configuration?  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Ariya

How to save the present configuration?
« on: February 15, 2011, 01:04:32 PM »
I am sure this question is answered somewhere, but I just can't find it. I've been going through two many pages, maybe I just lost it. I simply don't know how to save my present configuration with whatever I downloaded and written. If you can poit me to the thread , I'd appreciate that very much.

First of all allow me to congratulate you and say thank you for this marvelous effort! This Tiny Core is just magical!

I want minute operating systems to thrive, because i knew once most software was just a few KBs. I loved and still love DSL, and Puppy Linux. Lately I found another such an operating system from Latvia named Austrumi, Slitaz and of course TinyCore! I believe all operating systems should be tiny. I mean, Kolibri can get into a floppy disk, while there is another Polish distro also a floppy size. I want them to do wonders in the newer machines. How lovely to see TinyCore boots that fast! DSL, Puppy, Slitaz, Austrumi are also very fast. They are all magical too!

Distrowatch misinterprets and put out a feeling that all micro operating systems are for the old machines. Not true at all. These micro operating systems are for the newer machines!

Anyway, I nearly forgot. If anyone could direct me to the right post about how to save my configuration to the hard disk, I'd appreciate that very much. I have the Tiny Core frugally installed, which I think is the correct way, as in Linux everything is a file.

In Puppy Linux, the configuration and whatever that is present is automatically saved to a file and it really doesn't bring down the booting time. Is there something like this in TinyCore? I have the newest version 3.5.

Tank you! :)   

Offline Ariya

Re: How to save the present configuration?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 01:13:11 PM »
I found it, I mean Tiny Core asked me the question when I wanted to shutdown.
Sorry for troubling.

It is a magical operating system, thank you!

Good night! :)

If needed, please remove this post. It is nearly 3 am now.

Added on 16.02.2010

Actually, I went to sleep happily, even though it was so late. It is nice to see micro operating systems and micro software programs, as those days, where one could find a word processor about the size of few hundred KBs. Well, I mean micro, in the context of massive, bloated software today. I have a feeling that most programmers just go adding and adding, so that their programs would look nicer, if they are larger, and websites like Distrowatch won't discredit them stating that these programs are only good enough for older machines.

When I look at the programs Tiny Core has, Puppy Linux has, Slitaz has, etc, I don't trust what Distrowatch wants us to believe. These software of Tiny Core are absolutely up to date with newer machines!     
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 06:41:54 PM by Ariya »