WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: What browser to run on an old PII 233 MHz laptop?  (Read 8181 times)

Offline floppy

Re: What browser to run on an old PII 233 MHz laptop?
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 12:01:12 PM »
Wireless? Why not.
Suggestion: use ethernet home adapters in order to change your electricity network at home in a LAN network.
My poor man PC had wireless too (working with USB 1.1 Fritz WLAN and TCL 3.x). Since I bough the adapters, I will come back to wireless only in very exceptional case where the adapters are not running. And my preferred webbrowser to go to the internet with my old boy is "links". Good luck.
AMD K6-IIIATZ 550MHz MB DFI K6xv3/+66
P4 HP DC7100 3GB 3GHz
Samsung NC10 boot from SD card port (via USB reader)
.. all TinyCore proofed

Offline lolouis

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2011, 12:05:57 PM »
Wireless? Why not.
Suggestion: use ethernet home adapters in order to change your electricity network at home in a LAN network.
My poor man PC had wireless too (working with USB 1.1 Fritz WLAN and TCL 3.x). Since I bough the adapters, I will come back to wireless only in very exceptional case where the adapters are not running. And my preferred webbrowser to go to the internet with my old boy is "links". Good luck.

I've got no wireless network at home... I use wireless to connect to AP's at places such as the public library and WIFI spots.
Yep, I've come to that same conclusion: on older hardware links is the way to go. Thanks.

Offline OldAdamUser2

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2011, 05:25:27 AM »
I use links and nano frequently on my netbook and recommend them both. They are very fast and fairly easy to learn. I think they will both work well for you. You should also download ispell so that you can spell-check your documents. I haven't tried to make it work from within nano, but it is very easy to first save a text file and then run it through ispell.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 05:38:26 AM »
..seems the amount of ram is the key here - I use an old PII 267MHz desktop and opera works fine..

..with 512mb ram