WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: wicd after install to disk  (Read 1699 times)

Offline chopper

wicd after install to disk
« on: January 22, 2011, 08:54:43 AM »
Hello guys,
I booted tinycore on an eeepc900 from a USB stick.
Got internet access working via wired network to my PC.
Used Apps to get wicd running.
Disconnected the wired network (I had to be under the desk to use it  :) )
Installed Tinycore to the eeepc's drive.
Before rebooting I copied all of /tmp/tce/optional/ to the eeepcs disk - I thought I would have to redownload it if I didnt copy it.
Rebooted, and it booted perfectly... excellent! but I dont think I should have copied those files, because I cant start wicd now.

I cant download it again either because it says its already installed... so Im under the desk again for now hehe.
Im not sure what to do now ?

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: wicd after install to disk
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 11:17:11 AM »
Hi chopper
You forgot to mention the part where you backed up your settings. Try booting off of
your USB stick again, you probably installed wicd on that. If you get wicd running that
way then wipe the tmp directory from the hard drive, do a backup to the USB stick, and
copy the tce directory from the stick to the hard drive. Be sure to read the info tab on
appbrowser for wicd, it gives some information on which files it needs backed up. Reboot.

Offline chopper

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 09:04:46 AM »
Hi Rich, many thanks for the help. I wish I could remember exactly what I did, but I cant. I am not submerged under the desk anymore though (got wireless working :) ) I didnt have to download everything again either which is great as Im on a limited bandwidth plan.

Thanks again for the reply.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 09:08:41 AM »
Glad I could help.