Tiny Core Base > TCB Talk

difficult to find documentation about hybrid mode

(1/1)

P5music:
Hi,
I ask you some help in finding documentation about hybrid mode (usr/local persistent).
If no documentation exists please can you tell me the main steps to achieve it?
Thanks

tinypoodle:
http://www.tinycorelinux.com/concepts.html

justauser:
I read this but it wasn't very helpful.  What it doesn not explain well is the appbrowser options and how to use them in hybrid mode.  A bit more informaiton here would go a long way.

tinypoodle:

--- Quote from: justauser on November 26, 2010, 06:58:21 AM ---I read this but it wasn't very helpful.  What it doesn not explain well is the appbrowser options and how to use them in hybrid mode.  A bit more informaiton here would go a long way.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---To set up a Hybrid System /usr/local, see the wiki and forum topics on the local= boot code, the "Hybrid Setup" option in the control panel.

--- End quote ---

My personal conclusion from all the information which is available about hybrid mode is that it is the least documented, least tested and least supported mode, and not much more could be expected, and therefore it may be feasable but is not really recommended

LaffinOne:
I think thats because a lot of extensions arent PPI compatible, and some that say they are usually miss something that doesnt get reset on bootup.

I really do love the hybrid mode, because anytime i need to go to stock, i just remove everything from /usr/local.

if u have a persistant local directory, in Appbrowser, all u need is select Download+Load.

But if for some reason an app doesnt work after rebooting, u may end up doing rm -rf /usr/local ; mkdir /usr/local/tce.installed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version