WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: A non important questions for the development team  (Read 2159 times)

Offline nateblasted32

A non important questions for the development team
« on: November 06, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »
I was wondering, since having my first dabbles in TCL since 2.6...

Knowing what you all know now, how much lighter/more efficient do you think the original incarnation of TCL/ MCL would/could have been, if you were capable of using coding that you did not know at that time but do now?

(By the way, everyone has done a marvelous job with this OS. my only problems are unrecognized sound devices and not being too great with samba - to connect to a NAS device on the same network as the computer i use TCL on)

Offline Guy

Re: A non important questions for the development team
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 04:49:12 PM »
Knowing what you all know now, how much lighter/more efficient do you think the original incarnation of TCL/ MCL would/could have been, if you were capable of using coding that you did not know at that time but do now?

Robert has a brilliant understanding of what he is doing, and he did when he started. Which makes your question invalid.

This is the light, efficient operating system.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 04:51:28 PM by Guy »
Many people see what is. Some people see what can be, and make a difference.

Offline nateblasted32

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 07:36:42 PM »
well i understand that mr. ego pantsitis but i was just curious in a non knit picky way... i was more or less wondering if the crew learned anything along the way up to this point was all... I'm sorry <<

Offline Guy

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 08:30:10 PM »
If you start at the first version, and look at each of the changes in each version, up to the latest version. Many of the changes are things that were learnt along the way. Some may have been things which were planned, but not yet implemented.
Many people see what is. Some people see what can be, and make a difference.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 08:35:11 PM »
...and not being too great with samba - to connect to a NAS device on the same network as the computer i use TCL on)

The latest nas devices use nfs so there's no need for samba or cifs - it's worth checking if you have one of those.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 01:11:09 AM »
I don't think it would've been much different. After all, building the first block is the most difficult part, incremental changes can come after that.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.