hplip.tcel extension submitted - hplip.tczl to follow at some point.
Note the following:
1. This was tested with an officejetG85 and officejetK80 directly connected to a usb port. hplip does not support fax on these two machines (even though they have fax) and thus I could not test this.
2. hplip uses cups to print and fax, but several commands (see "ls /usr/local/bin/hp-*") support doing things directly - "hp-levels" is particularly useful...
3. the xsane extension can be used to scan with hplip - I have not yet compiled the PIL program required to scan directly from hplip.
4. hplip should print to a parallel port and/or network connected printer, but I do not have one to test.
5. the hplip extension contains a cut-down version of sane-backends, it can only be used to scan with hp all-in-one printer/fax/scanners.
6. If you only want to print from an hp all-in-one machine, it might be better to use the hpijs_hpoj extension...
NB: You need to use the menu item/icon to start cups/dbus otherwise hplip will not work:
Author: see list of sites below
Original-site: see list of sites below
Copying-policy: see list of sites below
Comments: hplip print, fax, scan for tinycore
glib2.tcel, expat2.tcel, openssl-0.9.8h.tcel, dbus_glib.tcel, dbus_python.tcel,
python.tcel, usb-utils.tcel, cups.tcel, gs.tcel, perl5.tcel
and optionally xsane.tcel to scan
and optionally hplip_ppd.tce for ppd drivers (then add to backup)
fax not tested since it is not supported on the
.. two usb all-in-one machines I have access to
menu item/icon will prompt for a root password if not set,
.. start cups and start dbus
click on "hplip" menu item/icon
start browser and goto http://localhost:631
click on "add printer" button and follow instructions
choose a uri of the form "hp:/usb/OfficeJet_G85?serial=SGG13E0C49VL"
..this should already be in the drop down box
choose the suggested ppd (if hplip_ppd.tce loaded)
click on "print testpage" button to test
To keep settings on reboot, add the following to your backup
/etc/cups/cupsd.conf (if changed)
This extension contains:
hplip-2.8.12 - GPLv2 - http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/hplip/hplip-2.8.12.tar.gz
libieee1284-0.2.10 - GPLv2 - http://freshmeat.net/redir/libieee1284/31854/url_bz2/libieee1284-0.2.10.tar.bz2
net-snmp-22.214.171.124 - CMU/UCD - http://master.dl.sourceforge.net/net-snmp/net-snmp-126.96.36.199.tar.gz
sane-backends-1.0.19 - GPLv2 - www.sfr-fresh.com/linux/misc/sane-backends-1.0.19.tar.gz
Change-log: First version